PHP is a script language and interpreter that is freely available and used primarily on Linux Web servers…
An HTML page that includes a PHP script is typically given a file name suffix of “.php” “.php3,” or “.phtml”. Like ASP, PHP can be thought of as “dynamic HTML pages,” since content will vary based on the results of interpreting the script.PHP is free and offered under anopen source license.
- Open Source, PHP is completely free
- PHP can be easily embedded directly into HTML.
- Platform independent can run on Windows Linux or Mac servers.
- Run faster on the internet and easily integrate AJAX, Callback etc.
- Interfaces very easily with Apache/MySQL
- Lots of good books and on-line help.
- It’s available with documentation in many languages.
- Easy to learn compared to many other scripting languages. It has a syntax that is easy to parse and is actually rather human-friendly.
- Lots of hosting services have it ready to use, no special configuration.
- Pretty easy to access other web-based tools through PHP i.e. google maps, etc.
- Lots of good source code out there to use and/or learn from, as well as many useful libraries for working with PDFs, graphics,etc